Visiting the Rincon de la Vieja Hike is a great choice to stay in touch with nature. This beautiful National Park is in the province of Guanacaste, and it combines different types of landscapes from volcanic fumaroles, bubbling mud pit craters, astonishing views to the volcano, clear water rivers, waterfalls, primary forest with exuberant trees and many types of beautiful plants. This is also the habitat of jungle cats, 3 species of monkeys, agouties, coatis, among other animal species.After taking the short hike then we can cool down in the Oropendola waterfall and end the day at the volcanic hot springs
- Private Transportation
- Private tour guide
- Admission fees
- Rincon de la Vieja National Park pass
- Oropendola waterfall pass
- Hot springs pass
- 2-3 hours light hike
- One full traditional Costa Rican meal
- 30 minutes stop for souvenir shopping
- Passport (copies are useless)
- Camera to take pictures (waterproof case is recommended)
- Back pack to carry water and snacks
- Hiking shoes
- Water shoes or sandals
- Rain jacket
- Swimming suit and towel
- Mosquito repellent
- Sun screen
- Extra money to buy in local business
- Pick up time: 08:00 am, short hike
- Duration: 10 hours approximately. This may depend on traffic and how bussy the atracctions are
- Rainy season: May - November
- Skill level: Medium
- Suitable for the kids: Must be over 5
- Suitable for the elderly: Depending on physical condition
- Available every day but Monday
- Pregnancy: Depending on physical condition
- Wheel chair access available to get a taste of the forest
- Wildlife sighting not guaranteed
- We run our tours out in the sun and the rain!
08:00 am: Departure from Hotel. Meet at the reception
10:00 am: Rincon De La Vieja Hike
01:00 pm: Visit to the Oropendola waterfall
02:00 pm: Traditional Costa Rican lunch
03:00 pm: Volcanic hot springs
04:30 pm: Shopping on the way back to the hotel
06:30 pm: Return to the hotel
Jody was fabulous! Super knowledgeable of the area and wildlife! Very happy to have met him during our stay. He made our entire experience wonderful. We ended up using him... read more
January 5, 2022
- We made it easy to make a reservation. Just fill out the form below; and ¨Submit¨ and you will be directed to the Buy now option.
- We accept down payments. Just ask and we’ll email a personalized invoice.
- Balance most be paid the day before the selected date by electronic bill emailed by us or cash at pick up location.
- Don’t worry about duplicate reservations because we provide Private Transportation for every one of our services.
***Very important: If you are making a reaservation with less than 24 hours of anticipation, then wait for email approval before buying.
Pick up time: 08:00 am
Is Rincon de la Vieja National Park open?
Rincon de la Vieja National Park hours are Tuesday through Sunday 8 AM to 3 PM for the Las Pailas sector. Santa Maria sector is closed. The latest you can take the trail to Escondida and Cangreja waterfalls is 11:30 am